Hi Shauna, the CA 125 is up again, it is up to 134. Keep in mind that was the result from 2/2/09, and so you had only 1 cycle of the xeloda and avastin at that point, which is not enough to know if it is working yet. So this next number will tell us more. However if it is still rising, I do think it will need to be considered to add the oxaliplatin back into the chemotherapy regimen again as we had previously discussed. Because of your previous allergy, we will need to give this slowly, over 6 hours, and we will give you medications to prevent allergic reaction. I see that you will see Dr. Leimert again on 2/23. I will ask the nurses to tentatively plan that we will give you the oxaliplatin that day, in case that is what you and Dr. Leimert decide to do.
But again, please do not get discouraged yet as that value was from 2/2/09 and we may see it going down with the next blood draw. In order for Dr. Leimert to have the results on 2/23/09, please have the CA 125 drawn by the lab by Wednesday 2/18/09.
I am happy to talk further with you also.
Normal is 35 or below. I'm not surprised since I haven't been feeling great. I knew something was wrong. I got a chemo break for the holidays, and have not been feeling right since around Thanksgiving. I think that my numbers have been rising steadily since stopping the Oxcilliplatin. So I think that's what we have to throw back in. That's a brutal one and kicks my @$$. Sigh. I just can't seem to get the upper hand on this stupid beast. I HATE cancer!!!!!
I promise to get back into blogging. I have so much to catch you up on. I started a new writing workshop and have some writing to post. I have to run to soccer and gymnastics though, so will have to wait.
Thanks again for all of the love and support!!