So, I've been tagged by my friend Ali
Five Things About Me
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
5 Years ago, my kids were 4 & 8, so Spencer was in 2nd Grade at Fir Grove Elementary and I was taking Kaelin to preschool at Westside Dance and Gymnastics and then driving to Canby to work at Hot Off the Press while they were in school and over the weekends. I was also taking Spencer to Martial Arts, Soccer, Baseball and basketball. I was probably not getting a lot of sleep, staying up all hours and working in all of my spare time.
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1) Take Kaelin to her dance rehearsal in makeup, hair and costume!
2) Go to the Grocery store and local farmer's market (after menu planning too)
3) Go to my Women with Stage 4 Cancer Support Group (if we get home from the rehearsal in time!) and visit one of the women in the hospital while I'm there.
4) Take Simba, aka "The Happiest Dog in the World", to the dog park.
5) Watch "So You Think You Can Dance" with my family
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1) Starbucks Coffee Frappiccinos (the kind in a bottle) over ice and with a straw.
2) Seattle's Best Coffee/Vanilla Javakulas with no whip
3) fresh fruit (pineapple, berries, cherries, you name it!) and veggies
5) fresh juices (wish i could find an organic juice place around here for juice on the go like in Reno!!)
I'm not really a "snacky" person. I like my snacks in liquid form!
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1) Donate/give back to the community (Catlin Gabel, Westside Dance & Gymnastics, Westside soccer, My Smiling Violin, SRHS, OHSU) and numerous/various charities supporting cancer research and children, education and the good for all mankind!
2) Buy a couple of earth friendly, "green", hybrid cars
3) Take my family and friends on trips to places like DisneyWorld, Italy, Bora Bora, Australia and New Zealand, London, Paris, Sweden and other places we've only read/heard about!
4) Go back to school and take animation, computer graphics, photography, illustrator & advertising classes and start my own business that caters to the cancer community, giving a percentage of my earnings to cancer research.
5) Travel all over the nation/world to seek the top alternative and conventional cancer specialists/institutions/treatments
What are five of your bad habits?
1) Coffee drinks
2) Insomnia and staying up too late
3) Not flossing my teeth
5) Impatience & perfectionism
What are five places where you have lived? (I'm answering with 5 states!)
1) Sunnydale, Bakersfield (Kindergarten), Huntington Beach (Through 2nd grade), Canoga Park (through 3rd grade), Los Angeles (college @ UCLA), & Santa Monica (post grad), California
2) Waimanalo and Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii (6th & 7th Grades)
3) Kent, Magnolia & Lynnwood, Washington (Born in Washington, lived there from 8th grade on)
4) Ballina, NSW, Australia (post grad, Dave played pro basketball overseas)
5) Beaverton, Oregon (in our first and only house since October 1995)
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1) Waitress at Red Robin in Southcenter, WA & Beaverton, OR
2) Cafe Manager at "The Potlatch" in the Graduate School of Management at UCLA
3) Physical Therapy Assistant for about 4 years or so in Bellevue & Seattle, WA and Beaverton, OR and live-in caretaker for a quadraplegic man for 3 years in Magnolia, Washington while going to grad school at Seattle Pacific University.
4) Cafe/Front Desk Manager at The Hoop, a basketball athletic club (and the reason we moved to Oregon) in Beaverton, Oregon
5) In House Designer for Hot Off the Press in Canby, Oregon since August 1999
Five people I tag:
5) Nic (sorry Nic, I don't have anyone else left who's blog I read! Or rather, who reads mine! I know you're still trying to deal with the hometown tag thing!! )
And anyone else that wants to play along! Tag, you're it!!!!
Today we have Kaelin's dance recital rehearsal at The Newmark Theater and then tomorrow night is recital!