Thursday, December 13, 2007

Livestrong Scarves from Sonya


Another package was delivered to Paris' house today from the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

My friend Sonya sent me two very cool Livestrong scarves!!!

I know Sonya from my neighbor Jen. They've been friends for a long time after working together. Sonya lives in Lake Oswego but we would run into Sonya alot at BBQs and Halloween and Birthday parties with Jen and her family. Sonya has a daughter Spencer's age, a 4th grade daughter and a daughter Kaelin and Claire's (Jen's daughter) age. Sonya and her husband coached an indoor 2nd/3rd grade soccer team last year that all of our daughters played on together. This season they are all on the same basketball team too.

Sonya raised money and rode in the Lance Armstrong Livestrong event here in the area this year and she sponsored me in the Relay for Life. She has been a great support for me and I appreciate the positive influence her husband had on Kaelin during indoor soccer season and some outdoor soccer tournaments.

I wished that she had been able to make the Hat Shower so you could all have met her for yourself to see what an amazing woman she is.

Thanks Sonya!

Photo compliments of my 8 year old Kaelin, scarf tying compliments of my mom, Cheryl!
xoxoxo

Shauna

Go to http://jdukes.smugmug.com/gallery/3987644 to see all of the photos from the Hat Shower taken by Natalie Dukes!

No comments: