Friday, October 24, 2008

Flashback Friday

Halloween 2007

Me as a piece of pink bubblegum that someone stepped in (recycled idea from my best bud Joni at UCLA)

Kaelin as Bobofet from Star Wars. I think 2 or 3 other BOYS in her class were the same...
Simba as Yoda from Star Wars...

And Spencer as a bunch of purple grapes. Look at how much he's grown/changed since last year! Wow, he looks so young and little!!!
Off to see my fairy godmother who is to transform me into a beautiful princess! ;)

TGIF!

xoxox
Shauna

ps. Spencer's parent/teacher conference went so well! So much better than expected! They all raved about him and his abilities and personality etc. and that he's a much different person than 6th and 7th grade. He's engaged. Happy. Organized. :) I can't tell you how happy that made my heart! We've had a rough two years and Spencer really took it all to heart, losing his passion for things and withdrawing into himself. I'm so proud of him! And so relieved. He's on top of things. Are we talking about my child???? :) When asked what his goal was for this year he said "to go to Japan." And what he was looking forward to or wishing for: "Barack Obama being President!" lol I can breath again. Whew. Wasn't sure if I was going to blindsided since I hadn't heard anything lately. :)

4 comments:

JO said...

Good job, Spencer! It is always nice to hear that your kids are doing well in school.

Have fun at your Halloween party. I will be anxious to see your pictures.

Let me know when Spencer starts fund raising for his trip to Japan.

Have a great weekend.

Love ya, JO

Paris said...

LOVE seeing those pics again... and can't wait to see pics from this Halloween!! So awesome about Spencer's conference and that he has found his groove again. Warms my heart too :) You all have been through too much, and so proud how you all have fought together. Love you, p

Angie said...

your right, Spencer has changed- A LOT! Can't wait to see all the Halloween photos.

Unknown said...

love all of your fam's costumes Shauna! So cool! Funny that Simba was Yoda last year - Phoebe was too and there have been several requests for repeat on her part this year. ;)
http://heatherhornback.blogspot.com/2007/10/trick-or-treat.html