Thursday, July 3, 2008

CT Scan

They called today and tried to schedule me for next Tuesday, but I am getting chemo on Monday and will have a pump hooked up to me on Tuesday, so the whole CT Scan thing won't work then. So they then said they had an 8:30pm appt. tonight! Who in the world has appts that late??? What are they thinking? I took it though. So I will drink that crap at 615 and 730pm, check in at 815pm and get my CT scan at 830pm. It will be nice to get it out of the way and get a baseline before the new chemo plan on Monday. I just had to drink that crap each time before the CT scan. It's awful! They then hook you up to an IV and administer stuff that makes you glow inside. It doesn't take long at all. And it's not painful. It's a pain in the a$$ though. Afterwards, you have to drink a lot of water to flush your system. That might be challenging that late at night. Everyone keep your fingers, toes, eyes, legs and heart crossed for good news to go along with the lowered CA125!

Simba got groomed today and I'll post a photo later. He's not so cute anymore! But I still think he's happy! The groomer said he was such a good boy!!! :) I was suprised since Petsmart asked me to never bring him again after the very first grooming he got when he was a puppy. They said we needed to go to a vet who would put him down to groom him! Thank goodness I found somewhere else and he behaved himself!

We had to reschedule Kaelin's appt. because I had to go to the doctor and couldn't be in two places at once.

Hope everyone has a happy 4th!

xoxox
shauna

4 comments:

Paris said...

Sorry you have to drink all that yucky stuff, but hopefully it will be worth it to get it over with before your next chemo.... so we can get some more good news :) Can't wait to see Simba... I bet he looks cute with his summer 'do :) I remember that story about the groomers... what a lifetime ago!! He is such a good boy... they didn't know what they were talking about!! I will be thinking of you tonight. Love ya, p

JO said...

What a way to spend an evening.... not only having to drive to Kaiser but having to drink that yucky stuff. My oncologist emailed me today to say that she had sent in a request for me to have a CT scan towards the end of the month. So I will be drinking, too!

Have a great 4th and drive careful if you are going out of town.

Love ya, JO

Laura Nicholas said...

Shauna - I hope the CT went well and will come back with more good news. you looked great yesterday and I was so glad to see you.

Have a nice 4th!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Great news on your marker!! I know the CAT scan will show good results too! You are a trooper! My next CAT scan is the first week of August. I get anxiety over drinking that stuff too...it's awful! You have been in my prayers and I am so encouraged to hear your results. I am praying for complete healing for you and continued progress with your new treatment plan. BTW..was the other chemo they mentioned called "irenotecan"? That is what I get instead of oxaliplatin (my regime in FOLFIRI instead of FOLFOX). Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and hoping our paths will cross again soon.