Sunday, July 20, 2008

I HATE Chemo Mondays

As if Mondays weren't bad enough.
I'm off to war tomorrow to fight those nasty cancer cells with chemo.
Wish me luck.
"Fillup", my chemo pump with 5FU, will be accompanying me home and staying until Wed.
Will be glad when my unwanted guest is gone and my chemo side effects have worn off and I feel somewhat normal again so I can go about my business as usual.

Weekend wrap up:

Dave and I went and saw "The Dark Knight" at 10:10pm Friday night. Good movie!!!! Great acting by Heath Ledger as the Joker. Amazing.

Saturday we went to a going away party for a school family moving to Chicago. We will miss them! They had the party in their empty house and it was a BYOC (bring your own chair!) party!

Sunday Kaelin and I went to see the Batman movie together (she wanted to go so badly and Dave and I thought she could handle the disturbing stuff in the movie. No swearing or sexual content. The violence was mostly implied. It was a lot of mental stuff that went over her head.) We wanted to see it at the IMAX. All the shows said they were sold out except the 1:40pm show. I asked for two tickets to that. She says to me "you do know that's 1:40 am right?" Um...NO! Who would have thunk that? So we saw it in the regular theater at 12:50pm. At least it was a big screen. Spencer didn't want to see it so he and Dave went and saw "Wall*e". Spencer's 2nd time, DAve's 1st.

I also met Paris for coffee and a little shopping trip to Linens and Things and Kitchen Kaboodle (she was looking for a salad spinner and I tagged along!) and I took Simba to the dog park.

I did a lot of cleaning of bathrooms and kitchen floors etc. I like to get everything in order like that before my chemo day. Change the sheets and stuff like that.

I made ground turkey tacos for dinner. Spencer and Kaelin actually both ate one (they don't like tacos), but complained about it the entire time!

I finished the book I was reading too. Didn't rest much though. I was go go go go. I usually do that. Run away from things. If I'm running around and watching movies, etc. I'm not thinking about chemo and cancer. I'm distracting myself. But I must admit, it's exhausting and no matter how busy I keep myself and how fast I run, it's always there when I slow down and have to stop eventually. :( Can't seem to run fast or far enough.

I'm also very excited because the guy that painted our house in the fall, finally returned to finish our doors! We finally replaced our vandalized front door with a beautiful door with a window and I've been wanting a red door forever. I mean, the door being red was more important than the house being painted in my opinion! lol And it was left undone. Primed only. And my back door, in the kitchen, has had blue tape all around it masking it off and only one coat of red on, which without primer looked pink! So today he painted the back door and prepped the front door and tomorrow he's supposed to return to finish the front door. Cross your fingers and toes! Won't it be so exciting for me to come home from chemo to a bright "Seattle Red" door? Oooh it just tickles me all over thinking about it! I hope I can take a photo and post the finished project tomorrow!!!!

I can't believe it's mid July already. Summer is going way too fast and I don't have a lot to show for it. I have so many projects etc. on my to do list and they aren't getting to done!

I hope you all had an exciting weekend.

xoxo
Shauna

5 comments:

Paris said...

I'm sorry that you are dreading your day. I know chemo is not fun, especially afterwards. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. Thanks for hanging out w/me yesterday. It was so nice to see you. I have been missing our play dates. So excited to see your door painted red! It will be fabulous!! Hang in there!! Love you, p

ali said...

Good Luck with chemo today, Shauna! I will be thinking about you! Sounds like a fun weekend of movies, etc! We didn't get a chance to see Dark Night this weekend. I'm hoping to find some time netx weekend to see it. I've heard great things about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's a chemo week. Here's a GIANT HUG until I can give you one in person. Keep picturing the chemo blasting the heck out of the cancer and the cancer being flushed out of your body, never to return.

Interesting on Batman. We debated our Sat reward movie for all of the hours weeding the slope. We finally decided on Journey to the Center of the EArth so all 4 of us could see it. We all enjoyed it though wished afterwards we had seen it in 3D, I would think worth the extra $$. I'm told it's playing that way at Bridgeport.

I'm leaving shortly for Pendleton and will be back probably late Tuesday. I'll call then to see if you feel like walking on Wed or would rather I take Kaelin to acro with her buddy Alaina!

HUGS dear friend, giant hugs! Sending healing and love vibes!
Jaci

JO said...

Hope your chemo went well. I have three other friends that are having chemo today. No wonder people hate Mondays!

Glad you had a fun weekend. We will have our grandkids here with us this week so I probably won't go to our meeting on Wednesday.

Can't wait to see a picture of your red door.

Hope to see you soon.

Love ya, JO

Laura Nicholas said...

Hi - I hope your chemo goes smoothly today. Hang in there, my friend.

Laura