Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happily Ever After

Mr. & Mrs. David Immel

Dave and Shauna at their Rehearsal Dinner July 29th, 1994

The Immel Family, aka "Team Immel" was established 14 years ago today when Dave and I were married in Kirkland, WA at the Woodmark Hotel on July 30th, 1994. We met on April 28th in 1990 (How I Met Your Mother), had our first date May 5th and moved in together 2 months later. We lived in Santa Monica California, Beaverton Washington, Ballina Australia, Kent, Magnolia and Lynwood Washington and Beaverton Oregon again since October 1995. We were engaged for two years because Dave wanted to get married on the 30th, because his basketball jersey number at UCLA was #30 (I think he wanted to ensure that he wouldn't forget the date! LOL). And July 30th was the dryest day of the year on record. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The wedding was perfect. We were two people in love surrounded by friends and family who we loved most. It was amazing.
Here's a walk down memory lane...
The bridal party in the bridal suite before the wedding. My coworkers Holly and Jennifer from Cascade Orthopedics and Sports Therapy in Seattle, the Matron of Honor, my best friend from 3rd grade Stacey Miller Steed (flew in from Texas) and the ring bearer, her son Colton. My best friends from Jr and Sr. High Schools, Janelle Brebner Reber and Loni Geseking Syltebo, my sister in law and flower girl, Ali Immel (from Sea Ranch California), and my three bestest friends from college at UCLA, Sheila Yates, Joni Doherty and Rachel Bae.

The Groomsmen in their tuxes and Nike Basketball shoes provided by Nike (Dave was product testing at the time and they set him up!). The best man, Dave's dad Jerry, my brother Brandon, Dave's middle brother John, Dave, my dad, Dave's oldest brother Dann, Dave's best friend from Seattle Gary Hansen and his best friend from college (UCLA) Geoffe Nathanson.

The bride (me!) in my dress. I was going for the princess look!

My dad walking me down the aisle (one of my very favorite photos!)

The ceremony, performed by a co-workers husband! Check out the view!

The guests blew bubbles at us as we walked up the aise after being pronounced man and wife!

Posing in front of the Woodmark Hotel, on Carillon Point in Kirkland, WA. We stayed in the honeymoon suite there and most of the guests stayed in rooms there too!

Cutting our castle cake.

The theme was a combo of fairytale wedding and basketball! The grooms cake was a basketball (g0ne a little flat I think! LOL). The party favors were crystal slipper ornaments with our names and date on them and a little bag of chocolate basketballs! The groomsmen wore basketball shoes with their tuxes. The ring bearer carried a glass slipper on a pillow down the aisle. It was magical! The ice sculpture was a Cinderella's glass carriage!

It was a night to remember. It was the perfect wedding to start our Happily Ever After.

Here's to Dave on our 14th anniversary. Thank you for being my best friend. For sticking by me in good times and bad (which we've had our fair share), in sickness and in health (which we've also had more than our fair share). Thank you for loving me, inside and out. For loving me body and soul. For standing by me and being my rock and strength. For walking in this world with me. By my side. Hand in hand. For being my husband. For giving me the greatest gifts and treasures in all of the kingdom...our two children. I am the richest woman in the world and I have been lucky enough to find my one true love, my prince. I love you to the ends of the earth and back. For all eternity.

"for it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.

it was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - judy garland

xoxoxo

Shauna

14 comments:

Paris said...

LOVED the pics and what a beautiful story of your perfect wedding day. A lovely tribute to your wedding day and the life you share together. Happy Anniversary. Hope my card made it in time. Love, p

Unknown said...

Wow Shauna, I loved seeing the pictures of your wedding! It was gorgeous and it looked perfect! I hope you guys had a great anniversary. =)
Heather

Anonymous said...

OMG Shauna, you were sooo gorgeous on your wedding day! This so totally made me cry, big sap that I am. I'm so glad you shared these pic's with all of us!

I lived about 2 blocks from the Woodmark when I first moved to Kirkland. In fact it was the original Seahawks camp on that very site and we used to wave to Jim Zorn and Steve Largent (does that date me!)

Wish I had known you then but I'm blessed to know you and Dave now! Happy Anniversary!!!

Hugs! Jaci

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! Great, great photos.

JO said...

Oh, Shauna:

I loved your wedding pictures. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. It certainly did look like a fairytale wedding. You two were the cutest couple then..... and now!

Happy anniversary, dear friend. You brightened my day with your pictures.

Love ya, JO

JO said...

I know..................I already left you a comment but I loved your pictures so much, I had to view them again. They are so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Love ya, JO

Nightscrapper said...

Wow, thanks for sharing your special day with us. You are a beautiful bride. Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating your 14th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!!!

threekidsnme said...

Wow Shauna! Your wedding was beautiful and the life you and Dave live has been true to that beginning. You were a beautiful bride!

Unknown said...

What a charming story - you guys are adorable......happy anniversary.

Jane

Katie Hacker said...

My eyes teared up looking at these pix, too. I always cry at weddings! Yours was beautiful. Happy anniversary!

Loni said...

Wow, has it really been that long?!?!

I was lucky enough to be included in their PERFECT wedding. Even the invitations were beautiful, designed by the lovely bride. Shauna, I still have the charm that I pulled from the bridesmaids' cake, and have such fond memories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna.

I'm truly lucky to have happened upon your site. Bless you and yours.

Your friend,

Gregory A. Smith
Kentwood '83
'The Couve', WA.

Lorna said...

Beautiful story, beautiful photos, beautiful you. Thank you so much for sharing these.
Love, Lorna

Lorna said...

Oh, and I can sure understand why the one of your dad walking you down the aisle is one of your favorites-- I LOVE it!