Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Armed and Dangerous

The kids arrived home from Seattle with my mom just in time for Spencer to make it to his Martial Arts class (Tien Tae Jitsu) and then they couldn't wait to get outside with their new squirtguns that Uncle Brandon (my brother) bought them while they were up there for Ella's (my niece) 3rd Birthday party!

The three boys across the street were armed as well as they had an all out squirtgun war in our cul de sac! Spencer made sure he was all covered up with sweats to keep himself dry, even in the hot weather.

Spencer didn't stay dry long.
Here's a photo of him on his way in to take a shower because he was cold! But he was planning on going back out for more!

Here's a photo of Kaelin after she had gone in and changed her clothes and came back out!


What a great way to spend a hot evening! They had loads of fun! I sat out taking photos and ended up catching up with 3 sets of neighbors!
Tomorrow is my support group and then I meet with my doctor at 3pm to find out a new plan of attack since I can't have the same chemo (developed an allergy to it). So I'm kind of nervous to start something new. I enjoyed having this week off, feeling/pretending to be somewhat normal. It sure makes a difference!
Dave and I went out to eat at Macaroni Grill 2 nights in a row while the kids were gone, since I had a gift card for there! We also went to see "Wanted". It was violent, but action packed and even humorous. I guess "thrilliing" would be a good description.
I also spent my time reading a book, magazines, having coffee with friends, taking the dog to the dog park, catching up on tivoed "Smallvilles" and getting a manicure while they were gone. The time sure went fast and I didn't get anything done really that I wanted to! Nothing productive at least!
I hope you all are enjoying your summer and the first day of July, can you believe it's July????? Wow!!!
xoxox
Shauna





6 comments:

Paris said...

Great pics of the kids! Love it! How fun for a hot day. Glad they are home safe and sound. Glad you and Dave could go out and have some fun too. You needed to relax. Thanks for meeting us for coffee. I should have joined you for a manicure but I've been a busy girl around here. I'm wiped!! Good luck tomorrow... I will be thinking of you!! Love ya, p

JO said...

Sounds like you and Dave had a good time while the kids were gone. Looks like the kids enjoyed the water guns. Great idea on a hot day. I am suprised you weren't right in there playing with them.

Might see you tomorrow. If not, I will be thinking about you and will be anxious to hear what Lycette has planned for you.

Gotta go to bed with Tori and read our books!

Love ya, JO

My name is Shanna said...

Will be thinking of you tomorrow... maybe we can actually have a phone chat?? :o)

xoxo, Shanna

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had fun! And glad that you and Dave got to spend some good time together...

Nightscrapper said...

What fun!! It's been so hot here that anything with water will keep the kids from whining.

Unknown said...

It has been said that a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything and David Immel never fell for anything as he was always a stand up person. His strength carries will always be a lasting inspiration to all. Rest well Shauna.